Friday, December 2, 2011

2nd life

We got this table when we were first married (almost 12 years ago) from Pier 1. It was a great coffee table in our apartment and our condo and it has spent the last 7 years at the foot our our bed. A couple of weeks ago Chad launched himself onto the bed from the table while playing with the kids and there was a big crash. The base had split from the base and we thought the table had seen its life.
Heres the problem: I need a table there. I love having a place to sit the laundry or use it to put my shoes on - its functionality has become a staple in our room - for both of us and the kids, but I dont want to afford a new table.
So Chad got to work. The table broke in a way that Chad could still use the old pieces as a pattern for new pieces. I'm so happy that I married a handy guy. It comes in, well, handy :) Now it just needs to be stained and it will be good as new. Love it.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

I remember that table well! What a good idea. I need one at the foot of my bed. That's where I put my laundry baskets, but on the floor. Way to go Chad!