Sunday, January 20, 2008

I call it the Sledgehammer

So the video isn't the best, but we had a fantastic time.

There were 6 cars, I think, and I was cofident that I had 1st place locked up. Confident until Robert Kempton showed up with his "Derby-O-Death". Robert's is on the right.I knew the only way that my design would lose is if someone had a bigger motor. Well, there is the bigger motor. We raced several times. We even raced starting at the finish line and launching off the top of the starting line. We made some sweet jumps at the end of the event to see how far in the air these things would go. the "D-O-D" actually took flight and left a mark on the wall where it hit about 12 feet high. It was quite impressive.

Everyone had a great time and even the family that won the flat tire award was thrilled to get the cake. Their son thought he had won first prize.
If you have never done this, you should organize one. It would be fun any time of the year.

6 comments:

Kasey said...

You're hard core Chad!

Lanae said...

thanks for a great event! my boys still haven't stopped talking about it and ben says he got the cake for having the best car.

Briann said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Em, I am having him take lessons. He is doing "music moves for piano". It doesn't teach him notes yet, it just gets him familiar with black keys, white keys, finger structure, etc... the fundamentals. Next book, he'll start learning notes.
So hey, I really want to change my blog and you seem to be completely professional at this. You wanna help me over the phone sometime??

Kasey said...

Emily, you have been recipe tagged, so check out my blog for details! I know you have some good ones to share, so get on it!

Julie Moore said...

Chad and Emily!!! So fun to see your wonderful family. Julie Moore here. We would love to get back in touch. I wanted to congratulate Emily on her upcoming graduation---how very cool! I've been working on my schooling one day at a time--putting it off when kids require more time--and jumping back in when the time is right. I'm so impressed!! My email is poopyju2001@yahoo.com. Please keep us posted. We love ya and miss ya!