Friday, April 18, 2008

Something I've always wanted


To my husband - Thank you! Chad surprised me yesterday with my graduation gift early. (I asked him to give it to me - but he has the hardest time holding in a secret when he's excited) He got me a KitchenAid Food Processor. Some may be wondering why I would be excited about this, but I love it! I make salsa all the time - usually on a weekly basis and I have been using my little $10 special - two cup maximum- chopper since we got married. Chad and I made salsa last night and it took about a fifth of the time. Throw everything in and its done! He also got me the "Food Processor Bible" to go along with it -interesting title... I havent thumbed through it yet, but I am sure it will be helpful in understanding how I can use it all of the time. Just looking at all of the gadgets and accessories it comes with has given me plenty of ideas. It is the perfect gift for me!

8 comments:

Heather said...

I ♥ me a good food processor! Way to go Chad and congrats on the upcoming graduation. I talked to Phil about the dinner/budget thing and he was game. Name your time and date, weekends usually work best for us, as I am sure they do for you.

Becca said...

I super jealous! I have a total crap one from our wedding. It's a little bigger then yours was but i love anything kitchen aid! If you come across any fun recipes in the "Bible" please share.

Kasey said...

I have one that I love! It's not a kitchen aid, but I use it weekly to make my salsa.
And I understand why you're excited! I aske dfor a crock pot for Christmas. And I got it. And I was super excited! Have lots of fun with it! BTW, are we ever going to get together again? I'm pretty sure the last time we did something was at Chad's b-day.

Debbie said...

Kasey's mom here---Congrats on your up-coming graduation!!! You go girl---you will never regret it.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Adele said...

Hey Emily, congrats on graduating! I just found your blog, hope all is going great with you guys. The Standage's don't get together nearly enough. (Ever for that matter) Hopefully talk to you later.
Adele

Maren said...

So now that you can make salsa in half the time, how about bringin' some over here? Just kiddin'- what a nice husband Chad is!

Adele said...

We are having a boy! We are very excited, love my girls, but it sure will be nice to have a little boy. Nate sure is ready for one.