Monday, March 1, 2010

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I'll promise to be better... for the four people who actually look at this :)

The much anticipated photos from Disneyland:

On the drive out. She was so excited!

Outside our hotel, waiting for Disneyland to open. If you are looking for a cheap, clean place to stay by Disneyland then check out the CandyCane Inn - but dont expect it to have anything to do with candy canes, red/white, or any candy of the sort. It has tropical themed rooms. They should have thought that through.

At the beginning of the day


Attention: They have changed The Little Mermaids Grotto into Pixie Hollow. Caitlyn was estatic, but I was a little sad. I hate to see the classic movies being replaced by the new, trendy movies. Its the same travesty that happened to the Swiss Family Robinson's house (into Tarzan themed). Dont get me wrong - loved Tarzan, but I think we should keep the classics alive for our kids. Come on - you agree, right?! I knew it.


We always take a picture in front of the castle. Apparently everyone else does too. It was a busy place.


Okay - not the best photo, but this reminds me of one of my favorite parts of Disneyland. We were just walking around and came across the Fairy Godmother. I LOVE just running into the charaters. It makes it seem so authentic. Much more so that waiting in line forever to meet the Princesses (which we did later that day). I totally get that they would be mauled if the more popular charaters just strolled around the park, but I wish it could be so.


One of the only photos I'll let you see with me in it :)


Most of what our day consisted of: goofing off.


On the Toontown rollercoaster


At the end of our day. This was right after the parade - which Caitlyn was pulled out into by the dancers. She went to town. Dont worry, Chad took video of it, and when I can figure out how to upload it from his phone I'll put it on here. In the meantime - go to his Facebook account and watch it there. I PROMISE it is totally worth it. It may make you cry.
Side note: they totally tried to get me into the parade as well. That is pretty much one of the worst things I can think of to do. I am in no way a dancer. I wish a was, but I was not granted that talent. This guy was relentless, so I pushed an unknowing bystander his way so he would release his grasp on me. She willingly went and danced. Seriously - I pushed her his way, well - nudged forcefully :) Had I know that it was "The Twist" I might have joined. Organized dancing I can do. It doesnt help my cool factor, but anything that requires spontenaity does not bode well for me.

We had a great time enjoying our company of just Caitlyn, but I was ready to get back to Nathan and Alison. I missed my baby. Next time we're taking the whole family.
If you get a change to give a day of service for a day at Disneyland do it. When you get there and check in they give you a big volunteer button that you wear all day. All of the characters ask you what you did. Caitlyn was so proud (thats what she is doing in the picture with Tinkerbell). Then there are designated people who walk around the park looking for volunteers. If they find you then you get to ride IN the parade. Pretty cool. we werent found - but Caitlyn dancing in it more than made up for it!
FYI - the baby center and Disney ROCKS! Since I am still nursing I had to pump in the middle of the day. It is the coolest place that I found out was designed by Walt Disney himself. They sell diapers, baby food, formula... pretty much anything you would need they have, and they dont charge too much for it (like everything else). They have highchairs available and a separate nursing room, and separate changing room. If you need to pump they have a curtained off area with a table and outlet. I was so relieved to have that service there!
Ok - this post is seriously long.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Do I count as one of the 4 people who read your blog? Cause I do, read it! S

uper fun day! I can't wait to take our kids, like when they are 15 since we will be poor students forever while Phil is in med school... Anyway. You look amazing lady! And hip hip for a nursing/pumping friendly area. Gotta love that.

Mikelle said...

Ah, I love Disneyland! Wish we could go. We'll be lucky to make it home this summer:) Glad you had fun! I am impressed with the pumping as well. I might have been tempted to quit nursing...I hate pumping!! Good for you!
p.s. we rely on your posts to see what's happening w/ you and the fam back home. Especially since I am so lame with the phone calls! Hannah loves to see what the kiddos are up to. I wish more of the other girls in our family would blog!!

Kasey said...

What a fun little trip for you guys! My kids are dying to go again.

Lanae said...

i laughed so hard at the dancing part, that is soooo me! we can't wait to take the boys. what a wonderful idea to take just Caitlyn, great parent points there.