Saturday, October 23, 2010

Groundhog


The weather must be changing for the season because my token winter visitor has arrived. Have Imet him? No. He is a resident in the same community. Every year in April(ish) I watch him pack up his house, put a trashbag on his front door, vaccum his front lawn (thats right - I said vaccum. He has those great rubberized-rock lawns) and head back to "Beautiful British Columbia" - as it says on his license plate. Then in October(ish) I watch him come back into town, park his car in his immaculate gargage on his carpet squares - so he wont leave a mark on his perfectly clean garage floor, and I know that Fall has come with him.

You see, he is my personal Groundhog. I have faith that he has been monitoring the weather and he know when it is the perfect time to come back. So when he comes I get excited and when he leaves I get sad. He keeps his home so immaculate that I have to believe that he arranges his arrival with precision. So, to my personal groundhog - whom I never have met, but look at his house everytime I drive by, I say thank you.

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

This is hilarious! I'm glad he's here, too. I'd take 6 more weeks of this weather any time!

Jessie Geroux said...

I have totally watched the people vacuuming their lawns in your neighborhood.. it cracks me up!