Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Completion... almost

So - I just took my last final today. I weird feeling. Honestly, it really hasnt sunk in yet. I really do feel like I have another assignment to do; like that couldn't have possibly been it. Not that it was easy - believe me - it wasnt but it became such a part of my routine. I am so use to working on homework that I dont know what to do at this point. I am sure my day will be full in no time with all sorts of projects. It is just a strange adjustment period - and it is only the first afternoon without school! Weird.

I will officially graduate on Friday night. I have opted to do the whole "walking thing". I really dont want to do it - I would be fine without it, but I really want the memory of graduating, and I want the pictures of my friends and family with me there. Even more importantly I want Caitlyn and Nathan to have the memory of it. I want them to remember that their mom worked hard. That I never gave up until I reached my goal.

So to all of you who have listened to me wine and moan about an assignment, watched my kids while I attended class, or simply cheered me on I want to say thank you. It has been a long three years of uninterrupted class and it was with your help that I have acheived this goal.

I want to give an extra big - huge - enourmous - thank you to Chad. I couldnt have done it without your support. Ever girl should be so lucky as to have a husband that is supportive of their goals and dreams as you have been for me.

So - this is my farewell to school. At least for a few years.....

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations! What a HUGE accomplishment. It was tough for me and I graduated before I got married. I definitely have great respect for moms who finish school while caring for their families! What a wonderful example for your kids. Way to go!

Heather said...

Wahooo! You walk it and be proud!

Kasey said...

I can't believe you're done! What an amazing accomplishment for sure! Can't wait to join you in having my degree in a year. Way to go!

Lanae said...

way to be! congrats and i can't wait to see the stick figure pics in your gown. what an accomplishment. coming from a fellow mommy, i don't quite know how you pulled it off, but then its you...right! now we really don't have any excuses not to go to the gym :)

Kylie said...

ConGRADulations!! David just finished school too--so I totally understand the feeling. It was bittersweet (though much more sweet than bitter). On to the next chapter of our lives...