Sunday, May 25, 2008

Post Surgery Festivities

It turns out that all of our planning for a kid to be groggy and in pain was in vain. For a boy that had anesthesia through an IV, this kid bounced back fast! 20 minutes after surgery we headed home and as soon as we walked in the door Nathan started Tickling Elmo

He then moved to eating everything that he could get his hands on. Fruit snacks, 3 pieces of bread, 2 cups of milk, yogurt, etc..After eating he started bouncing off the walls, almost literally.He had so much energy that he was up for the rest of the day even though we woke him up at 5AM. He never cried, complained, or even whimpered. Apparently being under really helps Nathan come out of his shell. I guess this way is better than having a kid that feels terrible. We are just happy that Nathan seems to appreciate his new found ability to breathe, smell, and taste food. Hooray!

10 comments:

Becca said...

So glad everything worked out. I can't imagine how nervous you would have been.

Maren said...

Glad everything went well! I love that Caitlyn was so concerned for her brother. Sweet!

Heather said...

Hooray for Nathan. I would be bouncing of the walls too if I could just now smell and taste food.

Kasey said...

Poor guy! Glad everything worked out. Food is the best, so I bet he's excited to taste! My friend's little boy had the same thing happen and he's such a better kid now! He sleeps and she's excited about that!

Briann said...

Yay! I'm so glad that everything went so well!

Cossebooms said...

I came across your blog on someone else's. It was kind of nice to learn more about your family, since I saw you everday picking the kids up from school. Congratulations on graduating. I always saw your license plate that said I'm Dun. I understand how you felt about the little surgery, my little guy only went in for ear tubes. You just never know how they will react when they come out. Have a great summer.

Brendan's Mom (Heidi)

Aut said...

I am just so glad that everything turned out better than you expected!

Mikelle said...

We popped over to visit the "cousins". Hannah is sitting here saying, "That cutey little Nathan, just jumping on the couch, what a cutely little boy." & Cade in his extremely high pitched squeak is saying, "look, der is Nathan." Glad we have these blogs to keep in touch.
I'm also glad to hear that Nathan's surgery went okay-poor guy. I hope it cures everything up!
Miss you all.

Michelle said...

Hey,
I have been meaning to leave you a comment for a while but life gets crazy at our house. It is so funny Isaac had his taken out about a week before Nathan and he was the same way. Boucing off the walls when he got home. He did have a hard time coming out from being under but once that was settled he was good to go. It is amazing what it can do. He has started to pick up on new words it is crazy. Well hope all is well for you guys. It is nice to see you all every once in a while.
Michelle Twilley

Clint said...

Hi Emily & Chad! I really need to check your blog more often. I feel like such a lousy sister-in-law! I can't believe that Nathan had surgery! Those pesky adenoids! I'm glad Nathan is now adenoid-free! :) I'm so happy that he's doing so well!

Love, Linsey