Thursday, July 17, 2008

A bit to risky

So there is the new popular blog post that has been going around about posting memories. I am certain that if you are reading this lame blog that you have been to more popular blogs of people that have friends to comment with memories of them.

I find this to be quite risky. What if nobody comments? What if it is only your mom that comments about when you were born? What if someone comments about a memory they had with someone else but confused it with you? I just don't think that I could handle it.

So, I am NOT asking for anyone to post any memories about me. I am NOT asking you to re-post anything on your blog soliciting people for random memories from the past and therefore perpetuating the risk of utter social discouragement. I prefer to remain ignorant of my inability to attract and retain long term friends.

Chad

P.S. Emily does not agree with me. She wants memories posted in the comments. So get crackin'.

7 comments:

Kasey said...

The first time I met you was when you and Emily were engaged. Rocky took me on a double date with you guys and we headed to Frys to get stuff for homemade icecream after playing sand volleyball. You came across a huge bucket of LARD,picked it up and said yummy. I thought, "This guys is odd!" Then we made icecream, lardless thank goodness, and then I changed my mind. I think we are still friends, though we don't get together as much as I think we should. ;)

The Jones Fam said...

Your fam is so attractive! It's funny that you posted this about memories, because just the other day I was thinking about when we lived in the same apartments when we first got married. Those were fun times. I remember we were secretly totally jealous that your apartment didn't have fluorescent pink carpet like ours did. Classy! You guys are fun.

Jake

Lanae said...

It has to be the day we went and got our nails done and had lunch with Amber. One of my most perfect afternoons in recent memory. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Mikelle said...

Oh, Chad...I have to agree with you on this one:)That made me laugh. And by the way, you are a pretty good writer...ever think about switching careers?

Maren said...

I swear I left a comment a few days ago; weird that it didn't show up! Sorry Chad, but the only memories I can come up with are about Emily. I remember playing in your basement alot wen we were back door neighbors, I remember a bird that you had that drowned in your pool (sad), and your dog Duke- I hated dogs back then but I really liked Duke. I remember a really cool Victorian dollhouse you had that I coveted, the good old Famous Footwear days, always eating at 5&Diner, and making tapes/videos for our missionaries!

Dalene Sells AZ said...

I've got you all beat, I've known Emily since she entered this life (since I was there). I was soooo proud of her then and even more proud of her now.
What a gracious, beautiful (in every way) wife, mother and young lady you are, Emily, I could not be more GREATFUL!
Have a terrific 28th birthday!
I love you,
Mom

runningfan said...

This one is for Chad, despite his protests.

I remember when you and certain other unnamed individuals broke into my house and toilet papered it. With about 30 rolls. I had kept that little stunt a secret from my parents until last week, when one of the unnamed individuals shared that memory on my blog. Lovely!!!