Thursday, July 24, 2008

Foot update





Here is an update of Caitlyn's foot. Her foot was too swollen to cast the day after her accident, so she has to stay in a splint until Monday.


At first she was very vocal about not wanting to use crutches. She really wanted a wheelchair. I had to squash that idea several times, but now that she has given the crutches a chance she is beginning to like them. She is also liking the idea of her friends being able to sign her cast. When I told her that she would have it on the first day of school she said "Cool, I can have my new friends in my class sign it!" She wasnt too excited when I told her that she wouldnt be able to go to gymnastics for a few weeks. She was really worried about the other girls learning things and that she would be behind. I reassured her that she would learn everything that they learned and that seemed to ease her mind about that.


Just to summarize who this experience has been going so far, Caitlyn said on Wednesday "I'm tired of having my foot broken. I just want this off." Yikes, this is going to be long!


6 comments:

Kasey said...

Poor girl! I feel so bad for her. But some lessons you got the learn the hard way huh?!? I bet her cast will be super cute though!

Mikelle said...

Dalene wasn't kiding, that thing is swollen. POOR GIRL! Man you wouldn't think the little pinky toe could be such a pain! Tell Caitlyn thanks for Uncle Jake- he's been trying to get Hannah to stop jumping off our beds forever. When I told him about Caitlyn he said, "Where's Hannah!?" and proceeds to tell her this exaggerated story of how horrible Caitlyn's break is and how, "That's what's going to happen to you when you jump of your bed again". Poor Hannah is tramatized, and really sad for Caityln. But, hopefully his scare tactics work:) Hannah says, "tell her that I love her and that's sad...Oh, and I love Nathan too!"

The Badger family said...

What a brave little girl she is. We just got our kids bunk beds and I told them all about Caitlyn and how they shouldn't jump off the bunk bed or they will hurt themselves like she did. I actually sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago. It stinks. I hope all is well with you. Take care. We need to try and get together.
Tracy

Dalene Sells AZ said...

What has Grandma always said? "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
That's a hard way to learn a lesson. Now, maybe you will remember, Grandma always knows whats right.
I sure do love you,
Grandma Harmon

Becca said...

What a little trooper! She looks so much like you:-) By the way...I just noticed we have matching blog backgrounds. Sorry!

Lanae said...

I like that you left out the fact that it was my boys that taught her how to jump!! So sorry. Ben will have to draw a ninja turtle on her cast. Hope you still have a great trip despite the incident. Chat when you get back...I'll call you if I find any really cute deals in UT