Monday, August 4, 2008

San Diego

We had so much fun this past week in San Diego. We took the kids to the beach, Sea World, and the San Diego Temple. We enjoyed beautiful weather, company of family we havent seen in awhile and a much needed break. This is just a few pictures, but you get the idea.
This is all I can do with my pile of laundry staring me in the face.
SAN DIEGO TEMPLE:

Okay, so I think that this is an awesome shot that I took. I've gotten mixed reactions
. I'm glad that I got a shot of Chad with the kids, but it was so bright outside that this is the best we could come up with. Unfortunately, we didnt get a family shot. There were some weddings going on, and everybody around the grounds were kind of preoccupied.



SEA WORLD:

The very first thing we saw in Sea World was the dolphins. There were so many people there, but the kids we able to get a glimpse of them.



This was taken right after lunch. I cant believe I am still smiling after what we paid to eat. Seriously, highway robbery.



This was one of Nathan's favorite parts of Sea World. The aquariums. He could have stayed in there all day.


THE BEACH:

Nathan was apprehensive about the water. At first he ran right in, but when he discovered that the sand disappears beneath your feet as the waves go out, and that it put him on unstable ground, he wasn't so keen on the idea. For the rest of the day he would run up to the waves and as soon as they got ankle - high he would run out.


I am not much of an ocean water kind of person. Really, if you know me very well then you know I dont really like any kind of water that I cant see through - this includes lakes. So my time was taken from this view. I completely enjoy the ambiance, the sand, and laying out. We all had a great time.

How did Caitlyn go to the beach you ask? Thanks to the cast cover I found on the internet! It pretty much vaccum seals around the cast and it is completely waterproof. Pretty cool hu? It was the best invention of the trip because Caitlyn didnt miss out on any of the fun.



Ben and Sarah happened to be in California at the same time. We met up with them for the day at the beach. For lunch we went to "Ruby's". It is a restaurant that is built on the end of pier. It was fun to eat on the second level of the restaurant and look out into the ocean. We were lucky enough to see a group of dolphins swimming a mile of shore.

Nathan is offically in love with pools. Not with swimming, just the pool. He hates venturing off of the steps, but he could stay in there all day. From the moment we woke up he wanted to be swimming in my aunt/uncles pool.

6 comments:

Kasey said...

What a fun trip! Glad that water proof thing worked for her cast. We're heading there on Thursday! Yeah! I'm so excited. I like your shot of the flower!

abigail said...

sounds like you guys had a super fun trip!! I could only imagine the joy nathan had at seaworld!

Clint said...

Emily, I absolutely love your new background!!!! It's definitely my favorite so far (and I didn't think they could get cuter). I'm glad you guys had such a fun trip to San Diego. Whenever we visit, I never want to leave. I especially love the pictures of the kids at the beach.

Love, Linsey (even though it says "Clint").

Mikelle said...

What I would have given to see Nathan at Seaworld! I'm sure he loved every minute! I can't believe they make cast covers...and of course you found it, internet shopping queen!(or did Sarah find it:)Glad you guys had a great time...and the pic of the flower w/ the bee is awesome-I'm drooling over what good pics your camera takes. I HATE mine!(all the photography classes I've taken gone to waste w/ the worlds crappiest camera that does nothing right!)See you guys in a few:)

Candice said...

Fun trip... yikes about the broken piggy! Wish Kaitlyn a speedy recovery from us.

Candice said...

Caitlyn