Friday, October 24, 2008

Don't ask me twice

So we had some requests to see pictures of our house. To be honest we had one request, but I did read it several times.

Before I post the new pictures, I want to either show for the first time, or remind people what we moved into. This will only be about the family room. That is all that I felt like cleaning right now.

Here goes.

Take notice of the gross slump block fireplace over there looking a tad 1965-ish.


Make sure you soak in the beauty of the exposed beams in the ceilings. Make sure you also relish in the luxurious "popcorn" ceilings that have marinated in the smokiness of 2 disgusting foremer owners

Finally here is a small sneak peak of the kitchen from the family room. You can only imagine the destruction that took place in there.

Now, hold on to your hats. Here come the afters. This is the current state of our family room. I hope that you find it a little fantastic.



Here is the corresponding picture to the first one posted. Notice the remodeled foreplace complete with flagstone seat. Notice the lovely carpet and repainted walls. But, make sure that you absorb the most significan undertaking. Recessed lighting in a flat roofed house. (Flat roof houses do not have attic space.)

Oh how soothing are the warm colors that flow from the overhead lighting. With the popcorn ceilings removed you actually get a reflection of outside light back into the room from the ceiling. Oh and the french doors are totally new too. Those were easier to put in than I thought they would be.


Finally the sneak peek into the kitchen. We worked hard on this room, and we are totally happy with the way it turned out. Hope you like the new look>

Chad

11 comments:

Maria said...

Oh my goodness! Your home looks amazing. I LOVE it all. The fireplace looks awesome. Wow, it looks like a TON of work though. I can only imagine how glad you are to be done. Great Job!

Heather said...

I think it looks awesome! You have skills Chad, skillz! Well done, love the lighting and colors, fireplace, everything!

runningfan said...

Very nice! We have popcorn vaulted ceilings...who knows when we'll EVER be ambitious enough to tackle them. Seeing such lovely results is pretty inspiring, though!

Adele said...

It looks great! I love the colors and the fireplace looks amazing. I can't wait until mine is done. It has been a work in progress for the last year and a half, and I am nowhere near being done. Can't wait to see what you have done to the rest of the house.

Maren said...

Amazing! That was some hard work and it definitely paid off. Now you'll never move right?

Wendy said...

WOW!! It's beautiful. I know what it's like to live through a big, messy remodel. It's such a mess. But it is so worth it when you can sit back in a comfortable room and enjoy it. After a while it's hard to imagine what it used to be like. You both did an amazing job.

William Walter & Mary Marrilla Scott said...

Emily, it looks Amazing!!! I though it looked ok before you started everything, but it is just wonderful!!

Kasey said...

You guys did so much work! I'm excited it is all coming to a head...5 years later, but it's done!

Wilm2RS said...

Beautifully DONE!!! Can't wait to see it in "real life". (I guess that means I just invited us over for a party!) I am SO HAPPY that it is finished...as I am sure you are even more thrilled with the extra hours you have awaiting you on Saturday's now!

Clint said...

Wow! The place looks great!!! You both did a fantastic job. I love the paint color and the white trim on the walls. Everything looks so classy! I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe in 2 weeks. Linsey

Mikelle said...

Dang!! I forgot what a project that was when you first moved in-you guys HAVE done a TON of work! It looks like a model home, absolutely beautiful and something to be proud of for sure!