Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What used to be fun

Painting. When we first got our condo, back in the day, I couldnt wait to paint. It was fun to see our little place transform just by picking a new color; putting our stamp on the place. I have now decided that a lifetime retirement from painting is in my near future.

We are so happy to finally have our ceilings done. Looking at holes for a couple of years has not been a highlight of our house, but painting these new ceilings has been draining. Everyday they are staring me in the face, taunting me until I finish them. Today I am working on this -what feels like - a never-ending process.

We worked really hard on Saturday and Chad and I finished the painting in our family room. What an accomplishment! Yeah! our room feels home-y and inviting. Its a breath of fresh air! It made me so excited that I am anxious to finish the rest of the house so we can actually wake up on a Saturday and not already have our day planned with house work. I know that is Chad's dream too :)

So, enough with the complaining. Its time for me to get to work. Plus, I just bought some cute drapes for my dining room and I cant hang them up until the ceiling is painted. There's my motivations for the day.

4 comments:

Maren said...

I'm with you- I used to enjoy painting until we moved into this house. We've done too many painting projects and I'm burned out! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kasey said...

Painting is draining! I'm hiring someone next time. No joke!

Heidi said...

i'm with you on painting.. all fun and games at first.. lol! how was the zoo walk? I've never done that one.

Wendy said...

I'll join the I hate painting club. Hey, Emily, you have to post some pictures of your house. We'd love to see it.