Monday, October 6, 2008

What was yours?

Who gave your favorite talk during conference and why? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Mine was Elder Corbridge - in the Saturday afternoon session. It was a talk that was completely different to me. I appreciated his plainess in speaking. He had no stories (not that I dislike stories - Im always glued when President Monson starts talking) and his sentences were short and to the point. If you didnt get to see it, I highly recommend looking it up. If you can get video feed of it I suggest that to. There was something in his delivery that I was completely drawn to. I really appreciated his words about reaching high standards and how life teaches us that if the bar is set high, we learn that only a few choice people can reach it, but how that earthly lesson does not apply to spiritual greatness.

5 comments:

melissa said...

I really liked Elder Holland's talk on angels. Tthe story he shared about that little boy who crossed the river and prayed for help and was rescued by his father was so touching. I appreciated the little boys reaction to seeing his father whom he thought was an angel, he couldn't believe that he was worthy of such an answer to his prayer... what a great blog post Emily! I'm so happy to finally be able to contribute.

Kasey said...

I liked the one that talked about letting our children be little. Time goes by too fast and we need to charish it. Don't remember who gave it. But that was the jist. I find myself not spending the time I do need with my kids and then I realize they are almost 6 and 4. What happened to my babies?!? it makes me sad, so I'm going to remember the little things and play with them so they don't grow up too fast.

Anonymous said...

-k- so I thought I better give you my email address for those recipes before I forget. It's
bandher3@cox.net
I loved Pres. Monson's talk in the very last session!

MoJo said...

Emily, How'bout that ... My favorite talk was by Elder Lawrence Corbridge, also. He talked about "He", the Savior. I noted three non-member friends that I want to send a copy of that talk. I'm glad you liked it.

Kylie said...

He was my BIL's mission president so he was really excited when they annouced he would be speaking in conference!! He said it was just like zone conference all over again!!