Tuesday, June 23, 2009

This is late, but I just have to give a major shout out to Sarah for throwing me a "not"baby shower - dinner party:) a couple of Saturdays ago.
Okay, I have this thing against baby showers for people that have both sexes of kids. I dont think that it's necessary, but jeez my two kids were 5 years ago and I got rid of all our baby stuff... so the compromise.... a small dinner party for some close girl friends, and Sarah delivered - Martha Stewart Style. Check out this tablescape! I was totally blown away by her efforts. Its was gorgeous.



All of those who could make it had a great time. The dinner was fantastic and the conversation did not dissapoint. How could it with this group? Laree alone could entertain for hours :)


We finished out the night playing a great game of Mall Madness. Thats right, Mall Madness. Sarah and I found it at a thrift store for 8 bucks... fully shrinkwrapped still! Amazing! Such a good time.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all of those who came and to Sarah for all of her effort. It was a great night and one I wont forget.



3 comments:

Kasey said...

I totally think after a 5 plus year hiatus from babies you deserve a shower! Plus baby girls needs lots of things...like bows, and bracelets and sweaters. It was fun!

Amanda said...

I think every baby coming to the world needs a celebration! When I had my second girl, I asked for things like diapers and frozen dinners, instead of clothing. It was just what I needed at the time. Glad you had such a fun party!

Lanae said...

soooo sad i missed it!!! looks like a lot more fun than the work d-backs game! Happy Baby