Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Caitlyn's Birthday Party

Caitlyn had her first all-friends birthday party. We invited over 20 6/7 year old girls - Yikes! It was an all-girl princess party. We did our nails and makeup. Then we took it outside for a photo shoot. It was a really fun time and Caitlyn was over the moon.
Thank you to Lacey, my mom, and Sarah for coming over to help me wrangle these girls!

*I have purposefully chosen pictures that you cant see any of the girls' faces.
"Pin the tiara on the princess"

Each girl decorated their own cupcake ...

and their own picture frame...


Then posed. Caitlyn definitely was the sassiest.
I highly misjudged how tall these girls are with my backdrop. Its so white trash but they really didnt care.
I got the cutest group shot of all of them - including Nathan - he was having so much fun. Earlier that morning Chad took Nathan to get blood drawn. It was a horrible expirience for him (and Chad for that matter). The only thing that made him happy was knowing that there was a birthday party to come home to. (Nathan LOVES a party). Originally Chad was going to take Nathan out to do something else, but after that we couldnt help but let him take part in the festivites. He might of even gotten some fingernail polish :)

When I looked at it later it reminded me of a Cabbage Patch Kids party I went to when I was about her age. It was at the Bradshaws. I have a picture of all of us girls on the couch holding our dolls and right in the middle is Mason with his gremlin. Hillarious. I'm going to try to find it and scan it in... so check back.



I cant believe her next birthday she'll be getting baptised! Crazy how time flies!

1 comment:

Mikelle said...

yikes! Sounds like A LOT of work- but I bet she loved it! I can't believe how old she's getting:( How old they all are getting!
You family photos are beautiful!!!! your sis-in-law does some beautiful work and you have got some precious photos of the kiddos to show for it!