Monday, September 13, 2010

A day of celebration

A day of celebration! Well, this picture doesnt look like it, but it was Alison's first birthday yesterday. Gasp. I know. I cant believe it either. The time flew by and I have to admit that I am a little sad about this.
Our tradition stood strong yesterday morning with our birthday morning pictures:


Later in the morning Chad was wrestling around with her on the couch and she LOVED it.





The cupcakes for the party. They were a lot of fun to make and not that difficult. I think they turned out nicely.



Alison all dolled up for her party. She is saying Horray to Hip Hip Horray! Gotta love the spit ring around the neck... it wouldnt be a true picture without it.



Playing peek a boo:


Blowing out her candle. Well, not really. If anyone knows our family then they know that when the birthday song is sung and there is a candle then Nathan is front and center. I find it actually quite funny that he isnt in this picture because he was on top of the cake saying "Nathan" when everybody was singing.

Enjoying her cake. She ate it crumb by crumb.
Thank you to all our friends and family that came and helped us celebrate. We had a great time!

4 comments:

Maren said...

I love the birthday morning pic tradition- those are some classics!

Sarah Harmon said...

I can't believe she's already a year old!! She is so cute, Emily! I love her skirt, it's adorable!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Alison! Gosh darn it time goes too fast. M&K are one tomorrow. Sniff, sniff! Cute cakes!

Mikelle said...

Man! time does go by fast! Sad we missed such an event:(
The cupcakes & cake were awesome! You are one talented baker!