Sunday, November 18, 2007

2nd time around


Okay - so I know we received many messages to let us know that her first picture wasn't that bad, but now that you see the retake isn't it so beautiful! I was able to be there when they took the picture (by luck-I swear) and I had to turn down four shots the photographer took before this one came through.

On a different note - I am so excited to have our blog totally "Christmas-afide". I love Christmas. Really, it is all about the season for me. I love that there is kindness in the air. I also love to have my tree up before Thanksgiving. If you haven't tried it before and you think that it is blasphamous - you need to give it a try! It makes Thanksgiving so much more feastive. I would have a picture up of my tree for all to see on our blog, but it is not up yet. I made a promise with myself this year. I am not allowed to put the tree up until I finish a paper that I have due on Wednesday. I'm hoping that it will be incentive to get to work on my paper. We'll see if my sensible self wins out or the little girl inside that loves decorating Christmas trees. I'm very particular about how the tree needs to look. I know that it takes the fun out of it for the rest of the family because I know how all the decorations need to be spaced and such, but I cant help it! When I was growing up that was how it was. Our Christmas trees (yes, we had two) were very "professionally" decorated, and to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. Quit laughing at me Sarah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em, I haven't tried the Christmas Tree thing before Thanksgiving, but I'm willing to give it a shot...next year. My house is too dirty to think about it this year. I love the picture of you on the sidebar. It's really cute!

The Badger family said...

I love you Christmas blog. How did you get such a cute background? Please fill me in on how to do this. My blog is just one of those silly basic backgrounds and I don't like it. Anyways... how are you guys? I have been thinking about you and wanted to catch up. I called you but never heard back. Call me when you get a free moment. Our phone number is still the same. Hope all is well.

Tracy

Maria said...

The pic of Caitlyn is too cute! We're doing family pictures again this week :) I hope we can get a really good one of Tate...
I love your blog background. I'm going to have to christmas afide mine too!

Kasey said...

Cailyn's a cute for sure!

The Badger family said...

We totally need to get together. We would love to see you guys. You let us know when is good for you and we will make plans to come out and hang out. I am sure Alyssa and Drew would love to play with your kids as well. Call me when you have some free time. My home phone is still the same as before. Hope to hear from you soon.
Tracy

MCMEMORIES said...

What a cute family! Chad will remember me as Lisa Jensen! Please tell him hi, and the rest of his family hi for me. I remember you too Emily, but you were so little. We all used to live in the old 3rd Ward back in Mesa a lifetime ago. Please tell Melissa hi for me too! I haven't seen her since high school!