Friday, November 9, 2007

Letting go a little

On Monday afternoon Caitlyn came into the office and said to me "Mom, I have to tell the truth about something". I knew this was not going to be good... "I kind of cut my hair a little bit". Okay - I scanned her hair to notice that she had given herself some long bangs towards the front of her hair. This is vastly different from her longer-than-shoulder-lenght hair. I asked her why she thought that was a good idea. She replied "I just thought it was too long right there."On our way to the family room I explained that she wouldn't be allowed to use the scissors for a while. I asked her where the scissors were. Her reply was a shameful gesture pointing underneath the couch. Then I asked where the hair was that she cut; I got the same gesture.

On the bright side: She didnt do too much damage. Good thing I have a great friend who is a beautician. My friend also has a little girl who has gone through this same thing, so empathy was given in spades, and Caitlyn has a great new do. Cut to her shoulders with new layers - she looks great.
Hopefully she learned her lesson....

Okay - if Heather is reading this... remember when....


So - I let go yesterday. If you know me very well, you know that I would usually have a problem with letting Caitlyn out of the house like this, but yesterday I thought - "What the heck" when she came to the garage door ready to go - dressed like a princess. She had a great time at Sprouts in her duds, and every elderly women in the store gave her a smile. These are the times that you have to document and enjoy - hence the camera I thought would be a good idea to bring.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I dread the day this will happen to Madi. Hairdresser or not... if it's bad, there's no fixin' it! Caitlyn is lucky, she got off pretty clean! I love the pics of your mom and the great idea to have a cousin halloween party! Oh Em, we all wanted to dress up when we were little... and as a bride no less!

The Wizzle said...

Hey, that's my Sprouts! It's right around the corner from my house and I'm there at least twice a week. You must live by me! :)