Saturday, November 10, 2007

Anyone need a free light?

Okay, so I was in my room watching Oprah. (Which I haven't done in a while and I was so glad to catch it because it was the Osmonds. If any of you missed it I am so sorry. It was really cute) Then, I heard a big crash. I thought, "That can't be good". As I was walking down the hallway I heard Nathan saying "Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh, no". I turned the corner to see this...


Nathan didn't do anything. He was reacting to what he could clearly see was a problem. I don't know what happened. It just severed. I'll find out today if my handyman husband can save our light or if I get to go shopping for a new one.
BUT... I was really lucky that it didnt do anything to the table. I also usually have a cute tray sitting there that Sarah made me for Christmas last year, and due to my lazy self it had not been moved back from dinner the night before. It has a glass cover which probably would have sustained damage. Fewwww! I guess the moral of this story (other than buy less cheap lighting fixtures) is that laziness sometimes pays off.
By the way - the state of the ceiling has nothing to do with the light falling. Although it may look like it lended a hand... it is just in a mid-construction phase.

3 comments:

Briann said...

Wow! That's good your table wasn't damaged! Cute lights though! You look great too!

Maria said...

Hey Emily,
I know Bryan left a comment on your blog yesterday. Anyhow, hope your doing good. Email me (so I can get your email) at onesmartchicken@gmail.com and I'll invite you to our blog.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha... i read your title wrong. I thought it said... Anyone need a free FLIGHT! I was reading, reading and couldn't find where you were giving away a free flight. The moral of this lesson is: Pay attention to what you are reading! I'm glad your table is unharmed. THat would have ticked me!