Monday, September 22, 2008

All alone

This man was not meant to be alone. It has been 9 days without Emily and the kids, and I am feeling it. at first I thought that I would be so happy to not have anyone dictating my time. Turns out, I don't really want to do anything else. Last night after dinner I was geared up for the bedtime routine and found myself wandering around the kitchen of my friends' house.

To make matters worse, my own house is in a major state of destruction. Everything moved out of it or into the playroom. Dirty, dusty, depressing state over there.

The silver lining is that my family returns to me tomorrow night. The house will be done (barely) and I will have to get crackin' on cleaning and moving things back in so the kids will have a place to sleep. (not to mention a place to welcome Emily home).

10 days is too long. I can't wait to no longer be a man alone.



3 comments:

O'Loughlin Family said...

Way to make a girl feel loved :)

Kasey said...

I think you'll live! ;)

Lanae said...

you should of let us know earlier, bri and I would have left and you could have put our kids to sleep!