Monday, July 13, 2009

Camping

Although this shows me in all my pregnant/camping glory... I love how Nathan is sitting in this picture while eating his lunch. Totally relaxed.


I had a genious idea of getting this Word World toy that Nathan has been wanting FOREVER from Target. It finally went on a good enough sale so I picked it up to give him something to do while we were up there. Another great idea that we discovered was to set up a tent specifically for arts and crafts. That way the kids could do projects and play with toys outside of the sun and the bugs. It worked out great. Nathan was a little more than excited when I showed it to him.

Alot of time was spent in this hammock.


Although not pictured, I spend an afternoon in this hammock reading while Chad and Ben took the kids fishing. It was nice to have some time to relax and just listen to the birds. Although, Sarah and I both agree that there was one bird that got on our nerves.


Caitlyn was so excited to have other kids there to play with. Her and Crew got along and had a great time.


Another activity I brought up was a couple of bubble guns. The kids thought they were great - except one wouldnt work. Granted, they were on clearance at Target so you probably shouldnt expect much but Chad was determined to do all he could to get it functioning.


We camped pretty close to a couple of lakes and the kids had fun trying to fish


If you saw our last camping post... last year some time... you will rememer than Nathan thoroughly enjoys wearing Ben's life vest. This trip was no different.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Bless your sweet, little pregnant heart. You are a nicer mommy than me. The only place I'd go when I was that pregnant was the beach. (Probably because I felt right at home seeing as I was as big as a whale.) :}

You're almost there! I can't wait to see that cute baby!