Monday, July 20, 2009

passing on knowledge

I may not have a lot of sewing expertise, but I am a mean cross-sticher. Yesterday I was working on the baby's Christmas stocking and Caitlyn was totally mesmerized by the processes. Today I thought, why not let her try. I remember learning how to do it and my mom patiently working through them with me. So, off to Michael's we went. They have great little kids kits for $2.99. What a great summer activity! She'll be working on it for a while, but she will be so proud of it when she is done.
It will be a dolphin when she is done. Oh - and the selling feature of this particular kit to Caitlyn is that all the blue surrounding the dolphin is glow in the dark.
Any ideas on what to do with this when it is done? A little pillow?


She's decided that the hardest part is getting the needle to come up from the bottom in the right place. She's figured out that if you hold it up to the light you can see where you need to go.


4 comments:

Kasey said...

Todd would love that! And he'd be good at it. I so am stealing your idea. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kasey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasey said...

It was all a big trick! Trust me. Kylee was on one. Nasty attitude for sure! We were only there about 10 minutes, being round 2 and all. Sometimes though I'm thankful for small miracles...like a great pictures when you 4 year old is not acting very lady like!

Melissa Hymas said...

Caitlyn is so adorable and so smart. Keep her learning new things, she is such a talented little girl.