Sunday, December 12, 2010

A beautiful sight

It may not look like much, but this is 4 LARGE batches of salsa divided into 25 portions. All ready to go to neighbors and school teachers (Nathan has 10 teachers - thats right I said 10! So many aids and therapists that work in the room. Its great for him, but proves to be difficult to get them a Christmas goodie) I usually try to not to food. I try to do some sort of little gift but this won out. Its fast and tastes good.

Side note story to explain:Two years ago I went to Caitlyns Christmas Party at school and I was a little sad the most of the items the teacher got was baked goods - including ours. She was leaving out of town for the holidays and there was no way she was going to get through all that food. I vowed that I would be more thoughtful and try to go non-food when it came to teachers.

I am going to wrap them up with bags of chips and a nice decoration on the outside of the bag.
If you were a teacher would you appreciate it?

On another note - the quilt(Im working on Nathan's first) is coming along great. More pictures to come.

2 comments:

runningfan said...

My friend who just moved to Mesa said that homemade salsa is a huge "THING" there! Looks yummy to me!

I'm doing a layered cookie mix in a jar -- baked good for later!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

I'm not a teacher and I WOULD appreciate it. Feel free to leave extras on my doorstep! :)