Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Projects

Merry Christmas season everyone! I havent been around the blog world for awhile and now I'm afraid that we dont have any readers! So, to boost your confidence in me I am presenting you with my current project....
Quilts for Nathan and Caitlyn. I finished my quilt for Alison (and my personal progress) and I kind of felt bad that I didnt give one to the others. They will not be as difficult as the other quilt, but they will have something more special. At least in my eyes. All of the fabric I found at my grandma's house. She is an amazing seamstress and there is no way I could ever compare to her talent. She hasnt been able to sew for awhile and she has loads of fabric. I am honored to use them for my kids, and will be sure to let them know where it came from.
Seriously how awesome is that vintage fabric of basket ball scenes. I LOVE it!

The florals were amazing and I had to actually edit my selections down. I originally had a couple stripes picked out too, but I think this will be perfect. My favorite is the rose buds on the right. Does anyone else remember that fabric? Its so nostalgic for me.
Im starting on them today so I'll be updating.
Note to Heidi: I have no idea how you made that quilt in one day. I will not be competing with you thats for sure.

6 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Those look great! I love vintage fabrics. I totally had a quilt as a child that was backed in that rosebud print.

MaryBeth said...

Crap. The material I remember as a kid is now vintage?

O'Loughlin Family said...

I know MaryBeth! Sad,hu?!

runningfan said...

Um, was that note for me? When did I make a quilt in a day? I love your fabrics, too! Good luck.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Haha, you know I love your blog. And seriously, the quilt blocks were just square...I think I didn't exactly explain that I spent a lot of time cutting out the squares too!

I think your fabric choices are awesome, and I'm excited to see how they turn out!

The Badger family said...

I made a tshirt quilt last year for personal progress as well. I was able to earn my award before we moved to Louisiana. I am now the yw"s president here as well. It was my first quilt and I don't know if I can muster up the energy to do it again. Good for you. i would like to see pictures when you are done. We hope all is well with you guys.