Friday, April 17, 2009

Conquered


Why do I feel like I have conquered something simply because I was able to get the Harkins Summer Movie Passes on the day that I wanted?


I went, I stood in line, and I got Friday tickets.


For anyone who has been down this road before, you are clapping and cheering for me. Friday is always sold out after pre-sales are done at the local schools. So this year I prepared myself for the disappointment of not getting Friday.


I got down to the theatre at 7:40 (thats two hours before they went on sale). Did I have kids you ask? Yes, I had Nathan (enter the doom music). I brought movies, my ipod, books, pretzels, Littlest Pet Shop (he loves that thing), fruit snacks and a couple of other toys. I lost his attention for a little bit, but all in all he did pretty well. When I saw how long the line grew, I was glad that I had arrived so early. I ended up being fifth in line AND I found out that they had Friday tickets reserved for the general public. Huge sigh of relief.


So, not to go on about this... but seriously, I feel like I have the golden ticket(s) in my hands from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory :)

No comments: