Wednesday, September 2, 2009

For Melissa

Here are pictures of the new girl's room. I have had it done for a while and have been promising to post pictures so Melissa can see. I have been reluctant because it doesnt have all of the finishing touches that I would like to have completed. Then I thought... maybe people can give me ideas! So - feel free to share if anything strikes you. All of the big stuff is done. I just need help with little details to make it feel complete. Ya know - stuff for shelves and things.
Oh - and if anybody has an idea of how to make a cupcake clock - please share :)
Caitlyn's side of the room
I was so happy that the doll house I made for Christmas matched the dark pink the bedding.
You cant see it very well, but the pink vase is holding all different kinds of wooden cooking utencils. ( I put an upclose picture of it below) The lamp is Caitlyn's old lamp, but I made a new cover for it out of scrapbook paper and ribbon. I just accordian folded the paper and then tied it around the old shade. It worked out great! Kudos to Sarah for the idea.
My cool stenciled canvas says "Stay Calm and Have a Cupcake". I have now realized how much I dont like stenciling. It is not for the perfectionist. It took me so long to do!

Got to love the big letters. I was lucky enough to find scrapbook paper that looked identical to the material that I used to make aprons for the girls. (pictured below on the crib). Sarah gave me this great shelf and I thought that pictures of different cupcakes would be entirely appropriate.

Caitlyn loves art. She loves to display art too. I knew we needed some place designated just for that, so I made magnet boards out of cookie sheets. (I put an upclose picture of the magnets below). They are really easy to make if you are ever looking for a fun craft idea.

Here's a better close up of Caitlyn's bedside table set up.

The crib side. Okay - the ribbon on my drapes needs to be fixed. I know. I made them in about an hour. I am not entirely pleased with them, but it does the job for now and I think they go with the room?
I got some help with the aprons from my mom. They are a really cute vintage - flare style apron.
I totally lucked out finding this bedding on sale at Ross for 29.99. That is what the room was based around because seriously, who could pass up that deal? It was even better when we found Caitlyn's bedding on sale at target for $42.99. I love it when you can find a good deal for something that you actually looking for. It makes the experience so much more enjoyable.


All I did to it was add some rinestones to some of the circles to bring in some pink. At some point I plan on adding a big pink ribbon to the bottom the crib skirt as well.

This is not a glamorous shot, but I am just so happy to have an organization system in the closet. I would really like to get the clothes into labeled buckets at some point, but for now I am totally happy with this.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Um, I'd say you are rockin' your own nursery design! Love the girly colors with the chocolate brown. And $29.99??!! What a steal, I didn't know they had crib bedding at Ross, must dig deeper next time I am there.

The Badger family said...

It all looks so great!!! How did you do the big letters? Did you just tear different scrap book papers and then use decopage? Also how do you do the magnets? i am always looking for fun little crafts to do. Let me know!!!!

Lanae said...

check out the comment on the post below...oops!

Unknown said...

Wow, the room looks great! I wish I had just a pinch of your creativity! You should see Matthews room. Just a crib, and a chair. Its pathetic.

Briann said...

That is THE cutest room that I have ever seen!