Wednesday, September 2, 2009

upclose for the sake of design

bedside lamp that has been recovered with scrapbook paper

Its amazing what you can find at the dollar store. Packs of 4 cooking utencils, cookie sheets...
I love it!

the magnets

cute aprons

I am so glad that the pink fan blades that we painted a while back still match. It would have been a pain to have to repaint those.

Okay - so this is a shelf I need help with. I would lov to do some thing with the theme here. Currently it is in a sad state. I am thinking about velcroing some curtains on the inside and tie them with ribbon off to the side of the shelves just to make it more girly - but as for decorations - I'm drawing a blank.
Oh - one more idea I have had.... to hang chalkboards from the closet doors. Ya know - bakery style. I would want them to be the size of the cheap framed mirrors at walmart (long retangular) but I'm not sure how to turn those into chalkboards. Its still a work in progress.
As you can see any ideas would be helpful :)

2 comments:

Lanae said...

you killing me! love all the pink, they will be best buds. Maybe a cute tea set would go well on the shelf, those ones you paint at the ceramic store have always looked like fun, just a thought. sorry your still home to post, but glad you got it all done.
have a great day

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

The room looks great so far! Love the aprons. As for chalkboards, you should just buy some cheap wood to fit in a frame and paint the wood on the inside with chalkboard paint. They actually make it in different colors now rather than just the black. I also think it would be cute to do the curtains for the bookshelf but you could also paint the whole thing white and put some kind of cute wallpaper on the back of the shelves. Just some ideas.