Saturday, September 5, 2009

How you shouldnt start your holiday weekend.... but you can turn in around

Okay, yesterday morning was eventful. Lets just say when trying to reach an item on the top shelf of a closet coupled with the fact that you are over nine months pregnant and have gained 'X' amount of pounds it is not a good idea to try to catapult yourself upwards by getting a boost from a low shelf. Expecially when that low shelf is made of particle board.
It could possibly result in a broken shelf and the pregnant girls fall being broken by a higher shelf catching the nine month mass in front of her.

It didnt feel good.
I tried to laugh it off at first. I called my sister and Chad to tell of my tale and how I the wound on my stomach really hurt. Then it started to REALLY hurt. I thought of the possibility of actually hurting the baby. After all, the result of my poor judgement hit right where the baby's head is. When cramping started to increase, so did my worry. I called my doctor and was told that somebody would call me back (which by the way did not happen until 4 o'clock). Chad was worried and instructed me to go the hospital. By that time I was at Walmart with Sarah, so she promptly chauffered me to hospital to be checked out.
Enter hospital room. (After being chastised for not pre-registering) The monitors are on, and contractions are definitely present. Some not so great. We went through and ultrasound to make sure there wasnt an abruption to the placenta. All is well. The contractions were not strong enough for them to keep me there, there were no beds anyway, and my doctor informed me that he has somewhere to be at 5. So away we were sent. Walk of shame? I dont consider it to be. Better safe than sorry. I really did mess up my stomach and this picture does not do it justice.
(If you can see past the blinding white skin... I roughed it up pretty good. This is below my belly button.)
No sense in pouting at home. We headed to Olive Garden with Ben and Sarah. Then we were off to Sportsman's. Why you ask? Well, the guys like to go there, and I really wanted some pictures of the kids with the small shopping carts. They are so cute.



After Sportsman's we got some frozen yogurt at Ocean Blue. Kids can come up with some interesting concoctions, but they seem to always end with sprinkles on top.


This is my "Yikes what am I still doing here pregnant" face.

Wasn't this morning awesome! We were up at 6:15 - outside riding bikes. We couldnt pass up the good weather so we decided to take a bike ride. Well, Caitlyn rode a bike and Nathan prefered the more royal treatment of being pulled in a wagon.
We made our way to Albertsons for a healthy breakfast of donuts and juice. Kids were still in their pajamas of course. That made it more fun.

Zoom in on Nathan's face in this one. Its completely priceless.

We then made our way to the park to enjoy our breakfast and for some fun in the soon-to-be rain.

As the clouds were getting thicker we decided it was time to head home. As soon as we set off, raindrops the size of eggs were hitting the ground. We ran to the nearest ramada to wait it out. It didnt take long and then we were back on our way.

So, the moral of this story is: if I had gone into labor yesterday we would not have been able to enjoy this morning. We had a great time that will definitely be remembered.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Um...ouch! That hurts my stomach just to look at. We raced paper boats and leaves in our over flowing gutters all morning. Great day for all! I'm glad you're okay.

Unknown said...

OUCH! The girls' room looks darling! Can't wait to see the new little one! :)

Lanae said...

glad your okay, and everyone is telling me to take it easy! i need to borrow all your maternity clothes to get me through the last few weeks...you always look so cute. my sister is on her second induction, hang in there

Heather said...

Bless your heart! Don't you feel like the clumsiest when you are pregnant? I always feel like one of those weebles. I feel with Jonah & bumped my stomach. I freaked out. I'm glad all is well. Hopefully tomorrow right? :) Good luck!

P.S. LOVE having Caitlyn in dance. She is the cutest!!!

Kasey said...

Any baby yet?