Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"2cm?! I'm 2cm!"

Can anyone name the show that is from? It's a classic scene in Friends when Rachel is in the hospital about to have her baby. Well, thats exactly what went through my head yesterday at the doctors office.
3weeks 3days
to due date, but who's counting?

Those who are around me often will hear me say that I am ready to be done. Well, thats true, but its simply true because of my personality. I know its coming so I just want it to come! I'm ready for the next phase despite the sleepless night (which I'm sure will involve crying at some point as Chad will attest).

Seriously though, I really have enjoyed being pregnant. Since Chad and I have decided that this is our last, I have really tried to make mental notes (Sarah loves my mental notes so I had to mention it) of what it has been like, and felt like to be pregnant. It has been a lot of fun to feel the baby grow, get stronger, all the weird sensations that come with being pregnant like feeling a hand in your hip bone and how funny it is when the baby gets the hiccups. She gets the hiccups alot! I will also remember the sleepless nights - I didnt remember that those happen before the baby comes too, the swollen feet, and how unattractive you being to feel. (Oh, how I long for my old body back. Dont worry old body - we will be reunited soon!)
It has been especially exciting to have older kids to share it with. When we had Nathan, Caitlyn was 12 months old. She didnt get to experience it and I know it has been a lot of fun for her. They have been able to enjoy watching me grow. Caitlyn is so excited. She is constantly making things for the baby and saving clothes for the baby. She is ready to be a big sister and assist in any way. Nathan knows where the baby is and he will come rub my belly and say "baby Al(l)ison".

Okay - that brings something up. I just wrote Al(l)ison, but didnt know how to spell it. We can not come to an agreement on a spelling. I like Alison because its simple and I like "Ali" - but Chad says thats Ali sounds like Ali as in Mohammad Ali. He likes Allison. I really just dont like writing the extra L and "Alli" is a weighloss drug. C'mon youve seen the commersials on TV right?

So, give us your opinion.
This is really some thing that needs to be resolved soon. I would like to have this figured out before the hospital, but to be completely honest I dont know if I am going to budge on the spelling I like. :)

11 comments:

Amanda said...

The day before I had my baby, (a week and a half ago), I showed my Primary class a picture from my mission. One of the boys goes, "Wow, you were really pretty!" It made me laugh.

Anyway--I hope the last few weeks go well for you! As far as the name goes, go for your spelling.

Anonymous said...

I must agree with Chad... but I am partial! If you ever look at cute little things that are for sale that have kids names written all over them (keychains, pencils, cups, etc.) they all have the ALLISON spelling. Not that it matters, b/c I never buy that stuff anyway. It's just the more traditional way of spelling it! Have fun choosing.

Allison Taylor

O'Loughlin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
runningfan said...

"Go for traditional...or her poor name will always be misspelled," says the girl with a very traditional name that no one can spell!

Kasey said...

You and Chad crack me up! C or K? in or yn at the end? It's so you and Chad I love it! Heck with being normal! No one is ever going to spell Kylee's name right, so do it how you like it. Actually I'm thinking Allyson or Allisyn, or Alisen, how bout that?!?!? Honestly, I'm torn. I'm kindof with Chad, but at the same time I totally hear you on the Ali. Two ll's would mess that up if she ended up being an Ali, which most likely will happen. Good luck with that! I'm sooooo glad Rocky has no name spelling opinions! Names are just hard!

Kasey said...

I was reading a book last night and one of the character's names was Alison. I'm swingin' that way now. One l. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't you shorten it to Allie? I think that looks cuter on paper than Ali (a ba bwa) :)
Sorry, you guys have me hooked now. I'm just adding comments left and right and without warning!

Sarah said...

I vote for the y. I know that wasn't one of the options but I like Alyson. The Allie idea was good though.

Katie said...

I vote for Allison. I don't know why but but it is more pleasing to my eye. Prettier?? That's just my opinion. Good luck!

Kasey said...

Hmmm...a random post is missing...

Shumway Family said...

You are too funny!! But that's why my Brigette is spelled this way instead of with a d, we looked to see how people wrote it on the presents and gifts that they brought to the hospital when she was born, and this is the way we liked it best.