Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Empty house for the time being


First day of school. Back to the grind. I love the schedule of the school year. I thrive on schedules and order. Caitlyn was so excited to go back and Nathan went with the flow. Besides the bus never arriving and not being able to locate Nathan's tennis shoes, the morning went pretty well.

I am an empty - nester. It is a very weird, awkward feeling to be by myself all day. Granted, it will only be for a couple of weeks, but it is strange. I am an on-the-go kind of person. I always like having places to go and things to do, but today I find myself without any plans or goals. Sure, cleaning my house is always a goal but thats not fun, right? Okay, okay, sometimes it is fun for me - but I'm not feeling it today. Chad told me last night to "embrase my day of nothingness". Its really his ultimate vacation. Nothingness drives me bonkers... unless I need a nap :)

3 comments:

runningfan said...

You're a little young to be an empty-nester! :) Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. (But I totally get your 'nothingness' thing!)

Kasey said...

I love nothingness! I'm thinking maybe I will wait till Kylee goes to school to have another one. I would totally embrace doing NOTHING! That is my dream. I'm not gonna lie though, it would get old quick that's for sure. So, enjoy it while you can. In a few you will have a baby stuck to your boosoms! Lucky you. ;)

The Badger family said...

They have gotten so big. It has been way too long since we have seen you guys. Enjoy the couple weeks before the baby comes. I hope we can see you soon.