Sunday, August 16, 2009

Feelin' Productive

(FYI - this is not my closet. There are some scary florals in here)

Friday was a great day. I have no idea what came over me but I have a renewed energy and there was just no stopping me. I didnt get tired all day - and that is saying a lot for me right now. I organized almost every closet in my house. I purged, moved, threw out and finished with a nice big load to the local Good Will. My hall closet got the biggest overhaul and now it has plenty of open shelving just waiting to be used to full potential - which will probably be baby stuff. I also did my linen closet. Which up until now had been holding my cleaning supplies. It really didnt make any sense so I scoured it out and it now is doing what it was designed to do. All of my cleaning supplies got moved to the laundry room. It makes so much sense and I am sure anyone going through my closets before would have been a bit baffled. I still have a couple more to go, but I did finish up my bathroom cabinets and drawers on Saturday. I love being organized. It makes my brain function better. Weird I know. It may sound mean, but I'm glad my kids weren't here. Well, mainly just Caitlyn. I love her to death, but organization is not something we share. Whenever the playroom gets purged it is met with tears and sadness. I am only happy to see things go and she would keep everything that crosses her path. I famous beginning to a converstion for us Caitlyn saying "I can use this for..." The girl wants to recycle everything. Its is endearing, and we try to oblige her, but when I am in cleaning mode it can get on my nerves a bit. So, needless to say, somethings may have met their end in the O'Loughlin house that would have been a bit sad for Little Miss Caitlyn. The weird thing is she'll never realize their gone.

Anyway, I digress. The main point of this story is that IT FELT GREAT. Really, that is my idea of a good day: being able to lay my head on my pillow at the end of the day and just relax knowing that I accomplished something. I wish every day was like this for me, but as long as I have them every so often I think I am doing okay.

Next on my list: my pantry.(enter scary horror music) I need to get that organize because.......... I got a freezer! I have been wanting one for some time now and Craigslist finally made it happen for me. We are fortunate enought to have enought space in our pantry to fit it in there - with the removal of some shelving, so let the reorganizing begin. It wll be nice to have it done. Now, when chicken, cheeze, bread, milk and so on go on great sales I can take advantage of it instead of thinking about the lack of space that I have to house such items. I hate passing those good deals up. It will be a big help with a baby almost here. Now I can get some meals done and have a place to store them. Lets not mention the space for Klondike bars :) So sad, those will just be for Chad soon - a diet is going to be taking place pronto.

Wish me luck! (On the organization projects - not the diet. For that I need prayers.)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Well done! I bet it feels fabulous and there is so much satisfaction looking at freshly organized shelves where everything has it's place. I have a few closets on my list too before the babies get here.

I am jealous you can fit a freezer in your pantry! That would be so nice. I plan on making some meals too to have on stash for those crazy nights. And yes, Klondikes will be on my banned list too. So, so sad.

Kasey said...

I think you may be trying to enduce some labor. Maybe? Did it work?!?!

Ok, you're hired over here! I hear you on feeling such an accomplishment. I overhauled the kids rooms not too long ago and it was wonderful! Next stop my laundry room. It needs serious help and a major trip to IKEA!

Lanae said...

Can you say NESTING!!!??? Totally jealous of the freezer.

Jessie Geroux said...

yay for the freezer I love ours and couldn't live without that extra space. And to be quite honest---I did at one time find it odd that that cabinet in the hall by Nathans room housed cleaning supplies.(sorry was looking for toilet paper one day when you were gone LOL) ...I just figured you were a genius because it was RIGHT by the bathroom and close to the master bath---so I could see how it would be a good idea to put it all there LOL