Friday, November 6, 2009

Blessed day

Alison was blessed last Sunday - November 1st, 2009. She was awake for the whole thing and angelic, really. It was a beautiful blessing that some of my brothers, Chad's dad, and my step dad were able to participate in. Thank you to all of our friends and family that were able to attend. It was a great day.
She was given a beautiful blessing.
Just a couple of blessings mentioned were for her to be a peacemaker, to be a friend to her sister and especially her brother, and to listen to the Spirit as she goes through life.
My mom made Alison's dress. I couldnt love it more! I just wish she could wear it more than just the once - but you do want to keep it special. Some of the special detailing on the dress you cant even see. The slip underneath competes in beauty with the dress itself. It has hand-stitched scalloped edging around the neckline and arm holes. The reason my mom did that was to replicate the edging that my grandma did for my mom's baby blessing dress. She also found leftover buttons (because my grandma keeps everything) from when my grandma made my moms dress. She used the button for the back of the slip. How extraordinaringly special. So a big thank you, thank you, thank you to my mom for all the hours of work that went into the dress. I appreciate it so much and I know one day Alison will too.




Caitlyn was so helpful. She wanted to help Alison get ready for her big day. These cute shoes were a gift from Sarah.





3 comments:

Adele said...

That is a beautiful dress! I never knew your mom was so talented.

Heather said...

So, so sweet. Aww... :)

Clint said...

Beautiful dress! I love it!!!! Alison is so pretty too!!! I think she looks a lot like Caitlyn. (LINSEY)