Friday, November 13, 2009

why?

Why do I love decorating for Christmas so much. I am seriously chomping at the bit to get started. It didnt help matters that I had to pull out some of my Christmas stuff for our Relief Society meeting last night. I dont want to put it away! I just want put it all up and begin to enjoy the season!
I'm sure that some of you are laughing right now at the thought of putting up Christmas decor. I really think it helps me enjoy Thanksgiving more to have my tree up. Call it Christmas cheer but it helps me be more grateful.
Chad does not agree with my sentiment. He thinks it is entirely too early to put Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving.

What do you think?
I am also itching for a good Christmas craft. I've searched online, found a couple of okay things but nothing that I have wanted to race to Michaels to make. GIVE ME SOME IDEAS. I really just need to go to Laree's house and I'll be inspired. Her house is awesome for every holiday. I cant wait to get to a point that my house is decked out for all the main holidays - but all for under $100 :). I dont like spending alot on crafts but I love having them all around for the holidays.
So - I guess I'll wait. but for how long? I guess we'll just have to see, but right now the Polar Express is being viewed in the family room :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is definately NOT too early! I put mine up as soon as Halloween was over. I think I enjoy Thanksgiving more that way too - everything is ready for Christmas! Your kids are so cute, the baby is adorable and I think your little boy and Cole look so much alike. Thanks for the comment on my blog... we are doing a really small wedding and no reception - so we're not even doing invitations. If we were I would totally give you some business. Turn on some Christmas music and put up your decorations!!