Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday Crafts

So I think I scared people away from our blog with my last post... hence the lack of comments. Thats okay. I thought I would lighten the mood by posting about a couple of crafts I've done lately:
I had this idea and meant to do it at the beginning of November, but time got away from me and we ended up doing it for Family Home Evening last night. If you want to do it you still have time too! Then, next year, it can be a tradition and just start it earlier.
A simple scrapbooked jar with extra papers. The activity is collecting things were thankful for. By having the jar out in a prominent location it will be easier to think of what we're thankful for. I think this is a better approach than just asking everyone at the dinner table on Thanksgiving. I hope this will give us some different ideas of what we are grateful for this season then just the standard answers.

A $.99 weath form from GoodWill and oranments from the dollar store. Add some hot glue, a bow and I have a new wreath for over my fire place. Its not perfect - which bothers me to no end, but it looks pretty good. The picture doesnt do it much justice. Some the blubs have glitter on them that really looks cute. You can ge these ornaments for about 12 for a dollar. (I didnt count how many were in the package). This wreath cost me a total of $11. Wreaths are expensive so I am pretty happy with that.
**sorry the picture quality isnt great. Our little Kodak is not being cooperative**

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I like your thankful cup. We ended up doing a thankful list last night for FHE too. My kids are thankful for Santa and Rudolf. Nice huh? Jesus did make it on the list, so I am doing something right huh?!?

Jessie Geroux said...

that wreath is super cute!! Love the Thankful jar too...umm I was just thinking about you and that massive loaves of sweat bread that you made all twisted and pretty last year to give out as gifts...yeah I totally want that recipe pretty please??